#WeNeedDiverseBooks with bonus cute cat pictures!

Happy #WeNeedDiverseBooks Days, part 1!

Are you tweeting? Are you talking? Wonderful! A whole lot of super smart people are saying amazing things as well, and you should check them out.

Tumblr conversation here.

Twitter conversation here.

Another thing that's going on today is the #WeNeedDiverseBooks visual campaign. I sent in a picture for it, but I thought I'd share the....creative process that went into the picture. And by creative process, I mean me trying to convince my cat to hold still for five stinking seconds.

(Yes, I'm supporting diversity by showing you pictures of my cat. What? IT'S THE INTERNET.)

Anyway, I started out with a simple message in horrid handwriting with some awesome books attached to it. (Also my books because they were there and why not.)


Then I thought. This picture needs a cat. So I tried to coax my cat over.


And I tried....


And tried...


As you can see it went very well.







I did eventually get a decent pic of him and the books, which you'll be able to see on the WeNeedDiversebooks tumblr at some point today.

Anyway, I'm going to try to be on the hashtag party today at 1pm EST. Will you be there?


1 comment:

  1. Fivehearts OnefamilyMay 1, 2014 at 4:02 PM

    I've never heard of this campaign so I'm glad I learned something new today!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.