#WeNeedDiverseBooks and the Diversify Your Shelves initiative

Wow, what a great couple of days! I wasn't able to participate much yesterday because of errands and annoying adult things, but Thursday was amazing and the momentum seems to be continuing.



So today, I'm taking part in the third part of this campaign, Diversify Your Shelves.   (contest at the link if you wanna win some books!) Sometime this afternoon, I'll be going to Powell's to pick up a book (or two) by a diverse author.

The only question is, WHICH ONE??!? There are so many great ones to choose from!

Any suggestions? And are you going to Diversify Your Shelves today?

4 comments:

  1. miriamjoywritesMay 3, 2014 at 8:42 AM

    I wish I was. There are a bunch of diverse books I've been wanting to read for ages. Unfortunately, I have no money, so I can't buy books at the moment. :( I did blog about the campaign, but that's the most I can do right now. Which is tragic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, sadness! *hugs* Can you get to a library at all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. miriamjoywritesMay 4, 2014 at 5:42 AM

    I did briefly but I was only there five minutes (and it was before I read this post). So that's a little tragic. Alas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. stupid thing ate my comment! I can't be any more diverse a reader than I already am. there is nothing I haven't at least tried (eat your vegetables!). I read literary, sci fi, speculative fiction, mysteries, biographies, histories - you name it. I'll even read the occasional Louis Lamour. I won't read Stephen King though - I think he is a wonderful writer - just too good and I don't like being that scared.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.