In which spammers are writing better stories then I am right now.

So I was procrastinating like crazy today and decided to clean out my spam folders. This is always an adventure because I have more than one email address. Email 1 just attracts the usual spam: Lasik ads and Okcupid pitches and those fake "Apple" information confirmations. Boring as heck and easily deleted.

Email 2, on the other hand, gets a totally different class of spam. Deliciously amazing emails purporting to be from dying people, or trust lawyers or relatives of overseas government officials. I hate deleting them because they make such FANTASTIC writing prompts. So I thought I'd share one with you in case you wanted a bit of story inspiration.

Attention.

Greetings from Ghana Kotoka International Airport. We are glad to informed you that on 05/02/2014. we found a trunk box of consignment on board with south African airways after the arrival of the aircraft in Kotoka International Airport Ghana. The name of the passenger on board with the luggage in south African airline was diplomat Stephen Ushe and he was arrested upon his arrival in Kotoka International Airport Ghana at terminal A25 custom checking point after he was found quilt of using false diplomat International Passport to disguise as UN Official diplomat. also attempt to run away with two trunk boxes of consignment and after much investigation we discover that the consignment belong to you which the diplomatic was attempt to run away with before he was arrested. Perhaps, he has been detain in Fraud office Ghana and papering his way to face the law court for committed such act.

Delivery Arrangement of your consignment to you as the rightful beneficiary have been granted by the airport authority and I have been mandated to dispatch your luggage by the Airport commander.

Therefore kindly provide us your delivery house address including copy of your I'D and phone number to enable us prepare for the shipment to your home in your country without delay which shall be use to purchase for British airline company to book your consignment in flight and deliver to you without any difficulty. I have managed to deliver almost 100 consignment across the globe and the beneficiary appreciate my good work done so yours would not be an exceptional case.

Get back to us without delay.

So. What if this actually happened? What if someone got an email like this that was for real? What would happen next? What's in the trunks? And is anyone else after them?

You guys can play with this if you like. I'll be over here trying to get my word count for the day on my project.  *stares at word doc* Maybe.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, sounds fun. I like taking random everyday circumstances and turning them into stories. Though I don't think this one's within my genre skillset, I'm sure somebody can do something with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well well well, isn't this an exciting plotline? Nothing like a mysterious package to ignite the imagination, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.