National Novel Writing Month and writer fear

I'm sitting in a Shari's waiting to start writing for National Novel Writing Month.

I'm horrifyingly nervous.

This is the first new thing I've written in over a year.

I'm also wildly excited, to the extent that I think I'm scaring people.

BECAUSE THIS IS THE FIRST NEW THING I'VE WRITTEN IN OVER A YEAR.

I want to cry and clap and run screaming away from the blank page. But I know that past the fear is writing.

And writing is home.

*cracks knuckles*

*gets ready*

*waits for midnight*

2 comments:

  1. GO GO GO!
    I haven't written since July due to my hand issues which, although more recent, is a long time compared to the pace I had going earlier in the year. So I can kind of sympathise.
    (But I hit my stride almost instantly and have 20k of crap already written, so you can do it too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. It's scary to start something new, but at the same time there is a glorious feeling about delving into the minds of new characters. Hope it goes swimmingly for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.