Everything you ever wanted to know about Book Two. (Okay, not everything. But some things, anyway.)

Happy Wednesday! Today I thought I'd answer some of the questions about the mysterious and secretive BOOK TWO that I've been working on. Things are still in process, so I can't tell you as much as I would like, but I will do my best.

BOOK TWO FAQ. 
(hey that kind of rhymes!)

Will there be another book after City of a Thousand Dolls? 

YES. I'm editing a second Bhinian Empire book right now.

Is it a sequel?

NO. I'd love to do a sequel someday, but this story needs to be told first. So it's a companion novel.

What's it about?

Love, identity, and revolution. And that's all I can say.

When is it coming out? 

Not until later in 2014, unfortunately. I don't have a specific date yet, but I know it won't be February. This is a much bigger book in scope than City of a Thousand Dolls, and in order to do everything justice, we had to push the release date back.

Will there be more of the world?

SO MUCH MORE. That's one of the reasons it's taking me longer to do. You'll find out a lot more about the Sune, and the caste system, and get to see the capital city of Kamal.  And there's a little bonus Black Lotus too, for those of you who wanted more of that.

What about Nisha's story?

The second book doesn't follow Nisha, but it's a big part of her story all the same. It will answer some of the questions left over from the first book, but probably not the ones you're thinking of.

Will Jerrit be in the second book?

This is by far my most popular (and most favorite) question. And the answer is... I can't tell you. ONE of the cats will be in the second book, along with several other familiar characters, but for now their identity is a SECRET.



So that's what I can spill so far! You can leave other questions in the comment thread, and I'll answer as best I can.

And now, back to work! *tackles Book Two*

19 comments:

  1. I am already excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! The talking cats will be back

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited.  I am not a cat person, but you won me over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy to hear about this, cannot wait to learn more about the Sune and the Black Lotus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished City of a Thousand Dolls (couldn't put it down) and want to let you know that it's amazing. Knuckle punch for writing a great book. *knuckles*

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is perfect. I was just wondering what Book Two was going to be about...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you guys tend to be up too. This type of clever work and reporting!
    Keep up the superb works guys I've incorporated you guys to blogroll.

    Feel free to visit my blog: low carb shakes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Among other talking sorts of beasts. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! That is really my favorite thing that people have said about this book. Apparently it makes everyone into a temporary cat person. 

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO MUCH SUNE. And the Black Lotus, though they are MUCH SNEAKIER.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much Josiphine! *hugs* *knuckle punch*

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read your mind! In the future. So I saw the future of your mind...or something. Plus, you know, I had to make sure you didn't sic the badgers on me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just read your book and I could not put it down! I've had it checked it out at the library for 2 weeks now and have been busy. I decided to read it tonight before the due date tomorrow. I read the whole thing in one sitting. Can't wait to get up for work tomorrow...


    Very excited for another tale!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I just saw this. Thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just finished City at 3am, because I also could not put it down. I loved Nisha's story, and look forward to book 2. I enjoyed especially the interaction between Sudev and Nisha. I am guessing that Sashi and Chandra might be in book 2?
    Thanks for writing a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, thank you so much! Your comment made my week!


    I can neither confirm nor deny who is in book 2. But I think people will be quite surprised. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! I'm a librarian, and when I saw Empire of Shadows come onto my shelves I just had to search out and read the first book! May I say, GOOD GOD WOMAN! That's some majorly amazing writing! I seriously loved it and I'm going buy a copy for my personal book shelf.
    RIGHT. NOW.


    So yes, I was a little sad to see Nisha and Jerrit won't be the focus of book two, but I look forward to what adventure you'll be putting me through next! You've got a huge fan in me, and I can't WAIT to see what you write next!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you!!!!! This comment made my week, seriously. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.