City of a Thousand Dolls gets a starred review!!!!!!

Remember that secret I had last week? This is it.

Publisher's Weekly gave my book a starred review!!!!

I'm completely fuddled. A starred review is one of those things that you imagine in daydreams, the kind that sneak up on you and whisper in your ear. What if...  And then you shake yourself and remind yourself to be realistic and get back to work. And then it happens and it totally doesn't feel real.

I think my favorite part is that they summarized my book so nicely, something I still struggle with. "It's about...um... murders...and cats....and there's stuff...." *flail*

This is my favorite line.

Set in a magically isolated Empire with a strict caste system, a two-child limit, and telepathic cats....  

I think that says it all, really.

 And now I must dance the Dance of Glee!


16 comments:

  1.  Congratulations, Miriam!  That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Miriam! So excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. You deserve it because that's a huge accomplishment. *throws confetti. I'd dance for you but I'm suffering with gout right now and my foot hurts :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. wohooo!!!! so cool.  Huge congratz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there every one, here every person is sharing these
    kinds of experience, therefore it's good to read this web site, and I used to visit this blog everyday.
    Also visit my web site ; アグオーストラリア

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! You deserve it, the story rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeeeee! So very very happy for you! Can't wait to get my grubby paws on City! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. of course they did, because you are awesome. 

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! 

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, thanks! I was excited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Natalie! 

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no! I danced an extra dance for you. A feel better dance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Alex! 

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, thanks Irene. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes! I can't wait for you to get your paws on it too! *checks calendar repeatedly*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.