Here's a question...

So I've been sitting on a post about my review policy for most of this week. I'd really like to have something I can point to to say, "This is how I handle reviews of books I've read, and this is how I plan to handle reviews of my work when I see them, response policy, general feels about reviews, etc."

Is that a dumb thing? I really want people to feel secure in reading and talking about my books online and I thought having an official policy would help.

What do you think?


(Also, this is me when I see people getting excited and passionate about books.)


7 comments:

  1. You and I have exactly the same reaction to book-lovers. I got incredibly depressed at a dinner for the launch of the local literary festival. I was sitting on a table with people who took English Literature at A-Level, and none of them besdes myself had any interest in reading. It made me sad.

    Also, I'd love to see a post about your review policy!

    ReplyDelete
  2.  I think it's fine to post a policy if you want to. You shouldn't worry about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's an excellent idea. I'd be really interested to hear your opinion. And I love that you get excited about other people getting excited about books. I get so excited when my kids get excited about books, I so desperately want them to love books as much as I do. But then I don't want to force them or be so overbearing that I'm like ,"love this book now, dang you!" So I play a strange sort of cat and mouse; push the books then back off and observe where their true passions lie then push the books I want them to love then worry I'll annoy the love of books right out of them. It's ridiculous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. if nothing else, having a policy will help temper any reactions you may have towards reviews you read about your works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oof, that is sad! How can you study English literature and NOT LOVE BOOKS? 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Natalie! 

    ReplyDelete
  7. TRUE. That was part of my motivation, to be honest... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.