Tuesday News

1.  Some of you might have noticed that I didn't blog yesterday. That's because I'm changing my blog schedule to better fit with my new job. Working a full seven to eight hour day at the bookstore on blogging days was playing hell with my consistency, and you guys deserve better than that. So from now on I'll be blogging on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.

2.  I have finally worked through the Horridly Hard Scenes in my book and gotten past my character block! *happy dance* Now I'm back to writing my crappy first draft and it feels fantastic. 


3.  The judging for my cover contest is proceeding apace. The entries are all amazing, so it's no easy feat to pick the top five. You can see them here.

4.  I've developed a mild obsession with this website, and used it to make representations of some of the girls who live in the City of a Thousand Dolls, which you can see in my facebook album here. I have yet to find a good way to make pictures of the boys yet, but I'm looking.

5.  For those of you who missed it, a few weeks ago, fellow dinosaur obsessive Ashelynn, from Gypsy Book Reviews interviewed me about the City of a Thousand Dolls cover. You can find the interview here. It has some teasers about the book, the one thing I didn't want on the cover, and one of my favorite covers of all time.

6.  I finally got my debut author-y self together and joined the Lucky 13s, a fabulous group of fellow authors who have their first books coming out in 2013. You should go check out them and their books, because they are all SUPER COOL. I'm also an official member of the awesome Enchanted Inkspot blog, which makes me very happy.

from madwomanintheforest.com


7.  This is my new favorite website of the week. It's called Underground New York Public Library and it's pretty much just pictures of people reading on the subway, along with what they're reading. It's so much fun!

How about you? Anyone got any Tuesday News to share?


4 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to be totally obsessed with that doll website, too!  It looks like so much fun.  When I first discovered ebay, I had a brief obsession with finding barbies I could dress up as my favorite roleplaying characters.  I think this would be cheaper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry Lynn JohnsonJuly 14, 2012 at 6:45 AM

    wow - as always you are super busy. Love your continued helpful posts about writing first drafts! I'm heading to your cover interview. I so love your cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Terry! 

    I feel like I shouldn't be as busy as I am, but somehow there's never enough time... But hey, 2013 is coming! *high fives Terry*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it is! I spent hours on there...in the name of book research, of course. :) 

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.