Would you guys like another series?

I've seen a couple of posts lately from different bloggers talking about how they can't think of anything to write about. I think every blogger knows that feeling, trying to blog regularly and running out of stuff to say.



And I have to laugh because in one way I do have that problem, but in another way I completely don't.

See, I have a lot I can blog about.

Option #1: Excited contest reminder post.

HOLY CRAP GUYS, THE COVER CONTEST ENTRIES ARE AWESOME AND THERE ARE ONLY TWO MORE DAYS AND YOU SHOULD TOTALLY ENTER BECAUSE THERE ARE SIGNED BOOKS AND ARCS ON THE LINE.

Option #2: Miriam-talks-about-herself-post

Blah blah blah me blah blah my book blah add on Goodreads blah blah look how awesome I am blah blah LOOK TWO MORE AWESOME BLURBS!

And so on.


I could see going with option one, at least until the contest ends, but I am getting really tired of option two.  (Which is why I put out the call for guest posts last week.) While I know you guys are wonderful people who love to cheer with me about cool things that happen, I like it best when a blog post can relate to more than just me.

By far the posts on this blog that seem to reach the most people and get people involved are the ones where I talk about writing and editing and whatnot, especially my series posts.

And I was thinking it's time I do a new one. But I can't decide what to do it on. Here's what I've done so far:

Writing Strengths
First Draft Tips
Character
Plot
Voice
Worldbuilding
Being agented
First round edits
Second round edits

(Edit: I have done posts on all these topics, but if you like a certain topic I can certainly do more posts on it.)

I need advice! Do you guys have any ideas? What would YOU like me to write a series about?

10 comments:

  1. charlotterobsonauthorJune 28, 2012 at 3:16 PM

    Me? I vote First Draft Tips. because my first drafts are always awful. And I need help. And I think you're an awesome enough person that you can help even my abysmal firsties :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the above sound great.  I wish you'd do them all over time.  I'd love tips on how to do internal thoughts well, especially third person limited.

    And what should we do with Twitter. I'm thinking of joining but not sure what to do with it and not have it suck all my time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about "Tips for overcoming writerly angst, a.k.a. writers' despair"? ._.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm interested in World Building! I mean before drafts and anything, you actually need a story XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in worldbuilding mode, so anything I can get about that would be helpful.  I think I read all your posts in that series before, and will go back and look for them again, but I'll always take more. :)

    First draft tips are amazing also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! I'll have to read them again so I don't copy myself...

    ReplyDelete
  7. True! Thanks for letting me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that one! Might have to ponder it a while though, since it's kind of an intense topic. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, internal thoughts! I'd never thought of that one. I'm not sure I know how to do that either, lol. 

    More social media type posts are a great idea too. Thanks Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome. I'm asking for more feedback in my next post, so you can let me know specifically what you need help with. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.