MY FIRST BLURB!!!

Guys, I'm so excited, SO excited to share this with you. It's the first blurb I've ever gotten and it's amazing and wonderful and it made me tear up. Especially since I have so much respect for this person. She's an awesome writer, and a huge contributor to the writing community.

And her second book Surrender just launched yesterday!

That's right, my first blurb is from the awesome and talented Elana Johnson.

“A truly unique treasure, Forster's debut is storytelling at its best. With a chilling mystery, a forbidden romance, and delightful characters I fell in love with, I wanted to spend more time in the City of a Thousand Dolls.” —Elana Johnson, author of Possession 

 EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

I keep staring at it and staring at it. Then squealing.

* squeals*

 I can't tell you how much it means to have a blurb from someone I admire, especially someone who's writing I enjoy so much. Possession kept me up way past my bedtime and I can't wait to get to Surrender.  (If you want to try them both, Elana has the first chapters here.)

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go do a dance of happiness.


36 comments:

  1. Kimberly ThackerJune 6, 2012 at 10:13 AM

    Hooray, Miriam!  What a wonderful review!  Congratulations, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!!!!! Congrats, Miriam!!!!!! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! What a great blurb! I'm really excited to read City of a Thousand Dolls, it really seems like the type of book I would love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHH! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *tacklehugs you*
    WELL DONE! Well deserved, and it makes me happy to see you happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, Mirium, I'll check out your book on amazon when it's released















    Catherine
    Stine’s Idea City

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!!!! What an awesome blurb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8.  Yay Miriam! So excited for you. That's awesome Elana did the blurb for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy for you!!  Woo hoo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So so so so excited for you! I'm doing my own happy dance here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Kim! *happy dance*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yayyyyyy!!!!!  :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks! And I hope you love it. *crosses fingers*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Irene!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I KNOW RIGHT? I'm still a little giddy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. *tacklehugs back*  

    Thank you Charley! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you! It's up for preorder now, which is another exciting thing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  19. ISN'T IT? And it gets to be on the advanced copies because we got it in so early. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know! She's so fabulous. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hooray! And thank you! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  22. *happy dances with Colleen*

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh Miriam!  You are so on your way to great success doing something you love.  God is so good and you are soooo talented.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I loved loved loved your book, Miriam! Congrats! February can't come fast enough. 

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jan Rider NewmanJune 7, 2012 at 2:22 PM

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful first-novel experiences. Yeah, that's a great blurb!

    ReplyDelete
  26. How exciting!  What a great blurb!  Can't wait to read your book!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aww, thanks Suzanne! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yayyyyy!!! It makes me so happy that you loved it! *adds more exclamation points* 

    !!!!!!!!!!!  

    ReplyDelete
  29. Awww! I'm glad you're along for the ride Jan! Thanks for putting up with my blabbering about myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you! *happy dance*

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow...when I saw this on twitter I didn't realize Elana was the one who blurbed you! How wonderful. I am so happy for you, Miriam!!!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks Angela! I'm so thrilled. *squee*

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks, fellow Miriam! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.