First pass pages and blurb news.

So, my first pass pages arrived this week and HOLY COW are they pretty!

For those of you who may not know (I didn't), first pass pages are basically the manuscript laid out as it's going to be in the book, with fancy headers and all the pages formatted nicely.  There are still typos and things--which is why we check them--but this is pretty much what the inside of the book is going to look like.



*swoon*

And as if that wasn't enough,  I got another blurb!

"With fantastic world building and a wonderful heroine, City of a Thousand Dolls intrigued me from the first page. Forster took me on a fascinating journey full of twists and turns--I can't wait for the sequel!" --Cindy Pon, author of Silver Phoenix.

When I saw this in my inbox, I squealed. Way back in the day, when I was still doing a lot of book reviews, I wrote a giddy review of Silver Phoenix.  I love Cindy's writing and have a huge amount of respect for her, especially the work she did with the Diversity in YA tour last year. She's one of the people I listen to when they talk about the need for diverse voices in young adult literature. And the fact that she liked City enough to blurb it meant a lot to me.

In other news, I am SERIOUSLY getting tired of talking about myself all the time. Somebody send me a guest post or something, okay?


In the meantime, how was your week? Is it summer yet where you are, or still rainy spring?

18 comments:

  1. I'd love to do a guest post...and I can talk about you. Dare You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly ThackerJune 18, 2012 at 2:52 AM

    Your first pass pages are GORGEOUS! And the blurb is wonderful, too!  I really can't wait to read your book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome that you got such a great blurb Miriam. So excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WANT YOUR WRETCHED BOOK IN MY GRUBBY LITTLE PAWS RIGHT NOW!!!

    And yes, I am excessively excited that your comments are playing nice with me today :D

    - Charley xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so exciting! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, I per-ordered City of a Thousand Dolls today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That would be PRE-ordered.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Miriam -how completely thrilling it must be to hold that manuscript in your hands and what a lovely blurb! Wow! I await my day!
    Now it is warm here - or warm for this part of the world. I just sat outside on our newly fixed up deck as the sun went down, drinking a g&t and smoking a  smoking a cigarete - baddy baddy but I only do that so very occasionally. My step-dot was with me, drinking a beer and her dad, drinking a tea. Her cabaret just closed and so we wanted to have a mini-celebration. Oh it was wonderful to hear her voice! Tomorrow we go and listen to her sing at the conservatory as part of an end of year thing. We are thrilled and she is, of course, very dismissive of the whole thing. She has agreed to be my first reader on my YA. Yippe. I'm typing this blind because of some weird thing the site is doing but I will hope it doesn't have too many mistakes. I cannot wait to read your book - it sounds wonderful. 

    ReplyDelete
  9. How neat! So not being a writer... Do they give out your book to other authors for feedback before it is published? I was just wondering how these people are getting it before it actually goes on sale??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, it sounds like you guys had a wonderful evening! And congrats to your step-daughter too, that's amazing! I hope the rest of your summer goes just as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, the editor contacts specific authors about reading the book and if they agree to, then she sends it to them. I gave her a list of possibilities, but I don't have to ask anyone, which is great for avoiding awkwardness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're on! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hooray for comments playing nice. 

    Also MUAHAHAHAHA!!!! *rubs hands together evilly*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Right? I had no idea until I started seeing other authors talk about them. The more you know....   :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Natalie! 

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aren't they PRETTY? I'm kind of drooling, to tell you the truth. *pets pages*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.