Whoa, I almost forgot the Wednesday post!

This whole moving-and-not-having-a-set-schedule thing is playing havoc with my memory.

Oddly, I find myself without much to blog about today. After all the stuff that's gone on the last few weeks, the packing, the moving, the cover reveal, etc, I'm in sort of a weird decompress state where I don't quite know what to do with myself. It's a little like that after-Christmas feeling, where everything kind of pauses and resets itself.

The only thing that's keeping me from spending all my time reading, napping or wandering through endless Cracked.com articles is the fact that I have to turn in a decent draft of my next book by the end of the summer, and I have another 50-60k words before the story is even done.

found at the Keep Calm shop on etsy


So here's a round-up of some awesome cover-y things from this past week.

1. Shannon Messenger revealed the cover for her YA debut, Let the Sky Fall and it is DELICIOUS. 
2. Elsie Chapman, a fellow 2013 debut author revealed the cover of her book Dueled around the same time I unveiled the cover for City of a Thousand Dolls, and hers is fantastic. The summary sounds intriguing  and I can't wait to get my hands on it.  
3. I got the first couple of entries for my cover reveal contest, and guys, they are AMAZING. As soon as I get a few more (hint, hint) I'll post them up on the Facebook page so you all can see the awesome. 

Now I have to put in another few hundred words on this project and go to sleep. Thank you all so much for your support and your wonderful comments and for being just generally a badass group of awesome people. Here's some pictures of a baby sea lion to express my gratitude.




pictures from zooborns.com



13 comments:

  1. I hope you're settling into to your new place, and GOOD LUCK with the writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. D'awww, widduw seals! So cuuute. May your settling in be swift, may your projects come togethr easily, and may my hugs help *sends hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those seals! And you are mega-busy - keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU! It's not as scary as it was when I started. (A plotter trying to pants a book with alternate POV's, one male, eek!) But it's still a lot of actually sit-down-and-write work. 

    We're actually at my in-laws for the month, which is okay, but a little unsettling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charley hugs ALWAYS help! *hugs*

    And I'm glad you like the seal pics. They're so cute! 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jan! I'm giving it my best shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first little guy reminds me of a bulldog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, you're right! Bulldog puppies are so funny, especially when they're grumpy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent Working Dear Friend Nice Information Share all over the world i am really impress your work Stay Blessings On your Work...God Bless You.
    cheap mountain bikes london
    cheap road bikes london
    second hand bikes london

     

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah that's a point, I need to remember my entry. When was the deadline again? Early July, wasn't it? If so I can do it after my last exam (20th June) and not feel guilty about it :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. The deadline is actually the 21st of June, but I think I'm going to extend it to the 30th. I'll make an announcement or something this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, thanks! I would've just about been able to scribble something on the morning of the 21st, probably, but a slightly longer deadline is always welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! Well, it's less confusing too. The 21st is kind of a random deadline to remember. 

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.