THE ASH-BORN BOY, a short story from Victoria Schwab.

I know what you're thinking.

You're thinking. "Isn't this Tuesday?"

It is. I'm blogging on a Tuesday, but I think you'll agree this is a good reason.

See, today is the day that THE NEAR WITCH by Victoria Schwab come out in paperback. And to celebrate its release, Victoria made you all a present.

Click here.

 It's a short story called "The Ash-Born Boy." Victoria wrote it as a thank-you to her fans, and she wrote it to answer one question: "Who was Cole before he came to Near?"

The best part about the story (other than the fact that it's free) is that it's for everyone.

(I take that back. The best part is Victoria's writing, which is amazing and had me hooked and filled with delightful word-envy from the first page of the story. But the second best part is that it's for everyone.)

If you've already read THE NEAR WITCH, "The Ash-Born Boy" is guaranteed to change the way you see Cole. And if you haven't read THE NEAR WITCH yet, don't worry, "The Ash-Born Boy" won't spoil anything! So basically, either way, you should go read Cole's story ;)

Also the back of the paperback itself, (WHICH YOU SHOULD TOTALLY READ) you'll find the first chapter of Victoria's new book, THE ARCHIVED, which doesn't come out until January!



So there you go. An extra blog post AND a free short story. Happy Tuesday everyone!

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog today.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, that's good to know that the short story won't spoil the novel. I have The Near Witch on my to-read shelf, but I just need more time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THE NEAR WITCH is on my TBR list. I'm so jazzed that now there's a "bonus" to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool, thanks for letting us know about The Ash-Born Boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bonus story! I need to move The Near Witch up on my TBR list so I can read the short story too. :)  Thank you and thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome, Christine, it was great to meet you!

    Actually you can read the short story now if you want. There aren't any spoilers for The Near Witch in it, and Cole's past isn't really part of the mystery arc. Plus it's awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know! I love her cover and I can't wait to see what they came up with for her next book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're welcome of course!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's SUCH a good book. And such a pleasure to read! *pets book*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what you mean Cherie. I have so many books just waiting on more time. I wish you could go to the store and BUY time, that would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're very welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Miriam! And congrats to Schwab! I haven't read The Near Witch, but I've heard lots of good things about it. I'll definitely check out ABB, and look forward to seeing more of her (and your!) writing! :o0 <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Leigh! I hope you enjoy the story! 

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh thanks for the link, been meaning to download this. Loved NW! V's writing is LUSH!

    ReplyDelete
  15. EXACTLY. That's a fabulous word to describe it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.