Monday cute and an epic weekend

Sorry for the super late post tonight, awesome bloggy-friends. I've been off line all day while traveling home and recovering from my epic weekend.

What did I do? I'm so glad you asked.

On Saturday night I rode with some fellow writer friends to see Lois Lowry in Spokane. The evening was FULL OF WIN.

First she was introduced by Chris Crutcher, (win) and then she read from her new book that's out in October (major win) and then there was an hour-long dramatic presentation of The Giver by the American Place Theatre, which pretty much made the night perfect.

AND I got a signed copy of The Giver, which is my favorite book in the whole world.  *does super happy dance*

(I also might have picked up something to put in my cover reveal contest. Maybe.)

After the event, my family, who lives near Spokane, came and picked me up and I spent the weekend with them, bemoaning politics with my dad, going to lunch with my mom and sisters and wrestling with the kids.

Also, my brother-in-law and I went to see The Hunger Games, which was--in my humble opinion--awesome. A very solid and well done adaptation. Especially for a movie that wasn't millions of hours long. *cough* Lord of the Rings *cough*

Rue was, of course, my favorite.

So that was me this weekend. I'll try to catch up on blog comments and things in the next couple of days. Until then, please enjoy this baby manatee.

found at cuteoverload.com
Anyone else do anything fun this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.