Why I haven't been around much the last few days.

I had a very specific plan for the last half of this week. It was a good plan, a productive plan.

And it got smashed.

First I ended up covering for a coworker and working a lot longer shift on Thursday than I planned. I figured that was fine, since I had Friday, Saturday and Sunday to do what needed to be done.

Yeah.

So that didn't really work out either.

You see, late on Thursday night, my back went berserk.

I leaned down to put something in the fridge and it completely spazzed out. I couldn't straighten my back, I couldn't walk, I couldn't even sit.  Total nonfunctionality.  My husband managed to rub out the spazes, but in the morning, I still couldn't stand up. So I had to call in sick for Friday and Saturday, which is something I never do.

I don't know about you, but for me there comes a point when things go SO wrong that it just gets funny. So I spent yesterday on the couch,  laughing to myself and making mental notes for future stories.  Also, I got a lot of reading done.

Today was mostly sleeping. I can stand and walk and sit up--those glorious everyday wonders you never think about until they're gone. But my back still hurts and I can't do any of those things for very long. Hopefully another day of rest will set it straight.

So that's where I've been, and if you don't see me around much it's because  I used up all my sitting-up time writing this post.  But don't worry about me. I'm getting better and I'll be back soon.

Until then, here's a guinea pig in a sweater.

found at cuteoverload.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.