Another year, another list of random things and exclamation points.

Some updates!

1.) I TURNED IN MY SECOND ROUND OF EDITS!!!!

Seriously, this round almost killed me. I hit a snag and....well, I'll share a bit more later, but it was hard. Fortunately my editor and agent are both awesome so I made it through with my sanity intact. What there is of it. (ha)

So what now? Well, either we'll do one more quick polish round and turn it in for copyedits, or my editor will decide it's done now and turn it in for copyedits. Or she'll decide she hates all of my new solutions and I'll have to brain myself with my new ipad.

2.) I GOT AN IPAD FOR CHRISTMAS!!!

It was a surprise from my husband because my Alphasmart, which I love and cherish, is having a lot of problems and won't talk to either of our computers very well anymore. So he bought me an ipad and a keyboard so I could first draft on it. Also he put this on the back:




Yes, I got teary. Shut up.

In other news...

3.)  I NOW OWN EVERY NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EVER!!

The other awesome Christmas present I got this year was from my father, who is a fellow nerd and thought I could use it for research.

The Complete National Geographic

It's AMAZING. I have up to 2009, but I can get a CD with 2010 on it for about ten bucks. I spent a good two hours of the car trip from Boise to Moscow looking up the Atacama desert in Chile, which is the setting for my Shiny New Book Idea. I took a ton of notes, it was very cool.

Speaking of Boise....

4.) I GOT TO GO TO MY FRIEND SARAH'S BOOK LAUNCH!

Sarah Tregay is one of my old critique partners from Boise, and her book Love and Leftovers just came out.



It's extra awesome to be able to celebrate the release of a book you actually helped critique and I was so happy for her. It was a great time. I went down for the launch, and--as per my usual way--got a signed book for me, and one to give away! I also got a couple of other books I'd been eyeing. So there will be more contests coming up soon,.

So that's my last few weeks.  Now I'm going to slow down a little, change gears and take advantage of this breathing space.




How have you been? Any exclamation points in your life lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.