Word Count Wednesday!

So I'm doing National Novel Writing Month again this year, but I'm sort of doing it between edits. And that is definitely reflected in my word count.

It's been nine days. I SHOULD be at about fifteen thousand words.

Where am I?

5797




One reason for this (other than edits) is that I'm having a hard time switching between editor brain and first-draft brain. When I'm in editing brain, all my new words have to be good ones. There's a lot of backspacing and rewriting.

But that does not work at all in Nanowrimo. And it took me a long time to get used to letting sentences just be. Now I'm slowly finding the first draft groove again....just in time for another bout of editing.

*sigh*

Is anyone else doing Nano? How's your word count?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.