Contests, editing and spam hilarity

Happy Wednesday all!

Just some quick updates for you.

Editing: Yes, despite finishing the end, I'm still working on the edits. I have some new patches of info dump to smooth out and some characters to strengthen. But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! I can see it!



Contests: The ASHES contest is still open, and at the moment your odds are pretty good. (Just saying.) I'm  closing the contest at midnight on Halloween, so be sure and enter before then!

Speaking of contests, I have declared that November shall be CONTEST MONTH here at Ye Olde Blog. I have several awesome contests planned--all for multiple book packs--and hope to do one at least once a week.

One of the best contests though, is going to be the National Book Award contest. To show support for the authors affected by the recent award kerfuffle, I'm giving away a prize pack of all five finalists AND Lauren Myracle's Shine.  The catch is, I won't do it until I hit three hundred followers.

*looks at follower count*

*waits*

Anyway...

I've been getting a lot of really hilarious spam lately, mostly from very polite people who call me "Dear." (This is an improvement over the Russian spam I got a few months ago invinting me to be a prostiute in Kiev.)

However, some of them are seriously abusing the caps lock. This one was the worst.

HELLO MY DEAR.NICE MEETING YOU.
HOW ARE YOU OVER THERE IN YOUR COUNTRY HOPE FINE.GLORY BE TO GOD.
MY NAME IS MISS JEANNIFER.
I SAW YOUR POST WHEN I WAS BROWSING AT (website I've never heard of) AND I AM INTERESTED IN MAKING FRIEND WITH YOU.FOR MORE INTRODUCTION PLEASE REPLY ME THROUGH MY EMAIL ADDRESS (redacted) AND I WILL SEND YOU MY PICTURE FOR YOU TO KNOW
HOW I LOOK LIKE. HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU WITH LOTS OF LOVE.

*covers eyes* *winces*

This one showed up in my inbox with the heading CAN I TRUST YOU?

Good day my good Friend

INVESTMENT PROPOSAL.

How are you today? Hope all is well with you and your family? I know that this letter will certainly come to you as a surprise as we dont know ourselves before, but be rest assured that it is real and a genuine business. I am Dr. M, from London .

I am an account officer to Mr. Rafik , I was Born in Bangladesh in 1965, but nationalized in United Kingdom the late Rafik was a Lebanese self-made billionaire and business tycoon, and was a five time Prime Minister of Lebanon. You can view this site for confirmation.

http://www.rhariri.com/general.aspx?pagecontent=biography

I got your mail through my private search and out of Desperation I decided to reach you through this medium. Mr. Rafik deposited Twenty Nine Million Great British Pounds (�29, 000,000.00 GBP) in a bank here in London and I want to invest this money in your country and under your care.

The need to move out this money arose when the Prime Minister David Cameron said that some of the money held in dormant accounts would be used for youth and community projects. You can confirm this in the website below.

www.cameron-raids-dormant-u-k-accounts-while-minister-attacks-rip-off-banks.html

I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance in this regard. Now permit me to ask these few questions:-

(1) Can I completely trust you?

(2) I am ready to offer you 35% of this (�29,000.000.00 GBP) I hope it is acceptable by you?

Please, consider this and get back to me as soon as possible for more details, via my personal Email: (redacted)

Thanks and regards.
Dr. M

 Dear sir,

I regret to inform you that you cannot trust me. I will take your nonexistant money and run for the hills. However, I salute you for your creative use of public websites to make yourself seem credible.

Thanks and regards,
Me

Am I the only person who gets hilarious spam like this?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.