Songs for summer, part 2

Are you at Writeoncon?

WHY NOT?

*ahem* Moving on...

As I said on Saturday, there are two songs stuck in my head these days. This is the second one.

King of Anything
by Sara Bareilles



I love everything about this song/video: the spoon-and-fork piano at the beginning,  the sassy feel of the song and the lyrics. Especially the lyrics. Sometimes this is EXACTLY what I want to say to people.
__________

Keep drinking coffee, stare me down across the table
While I look outside
So many things I'd say if only I were able
But I just keep quiet and count the cars that pass by

You've got opinions, man, we're all entitled to 'em
But I never asked

So let me thank you for your time and try not to waste any more of mine
Get out of here fast

I hate to break it to you babe, but I'm not drowning
There's no one here to save

Who cares if you disagree? You are not me
Who made you king of anything?
So, you dare tell me who to be
Who died and made you king of anything?


You sound so innocent, all full of good intent
Swear you know best

But you expect me to jump up onboard with you
Ride off into your delusional sunset

I'm not the one who's lost,with no direction, oh
But you'll never see

You're so busy making maps with my name on them in all caps
You've got the talking down
Just not the listening

Who cares if you disagree? You are not me
Who made you king of anything?
So you dare tell me who to be
Who died and made you king of anything?

All my life I've tried to make everybody happy while I
Just hurt and hide
Waiting for someone to tell me it's my turn
To decide

Who cares if you disagree? You are not me
Who made you king of anything?
So you dare tell me who to be
Who died and made you king of anything?
___________

Do you have any sassy songs to recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.