Songs for summer, part 1

Every now and then a song gets stuck in my head and never goes away. This summer there were two of them. One is mine and one is Nisha's.

Nisha is the main character is The House of a Thousand Dolls. She makes a lot of mistakes in that book that she has to deal with in the sequel I'm currently writing. And unlike some of my other characters she's never had a song.

Until now.

(Note, I used this video because it's the long version, but if you want to see the artist singing it, that video is here.)




Here are the lyrics.

What I've Done
(originally performed by Linkin Park)

In this farewell
There's no blood. there's no alibi
‘Cause I’ve drawn regret
From the truth of a thousand lies
So let mercy come
And wash away

What I’ve done
I’ll face myself
To cross out what I’ve become
Erase myself
And let go of what I’ve done


Put to rest
What you thought of me
While I clean this slate
With the hands of uncertainty
So let mercy come
And wash away

What I’ve done
I’ll face myself
To cross out what I’ve become
Erase myself
And let go of what I’ve done


I’ll start again
And whatever pain may come
Today this ends
I’m forgiving
What I’ve done

What I’ve done
I’ll face myself
To cross out what I’ve become
Erase myself
And let go of what I’ve done


What I’ve done...
____________

What do you think? Any songs stuck in YOUR head lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.