Thank-You Contest of AMAZINGNESS!

 This is a re-post from yesterday, since Blogger is being kind of funky.

Can I name a contest or what? :-P

Once again, thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you who shared in my good news this week. And in celebration of both my book deal, and all my awesome friends, I'm throwing this contest.

There will be three winners, a grand prize winner and two runner-ups. The grand prize winner will win THIS:



A shiny new backpack! With books inside!



- A hardback copy of The ABCs of Writing for Children: 114 Children's Authors and Illustrators Talk About the Art, the Business, the Craft & the Life of Writing Children's Literature.

- A copy of Strunk and White's The Elements of Style

- A journal

- A pocket dictionary/thesaurus

- A research guide, for all your worldbuilding needs!

-And because books and coffee just flat-out belong together, a lovely coffee tumbler, which you can see nestled in the backpack's side pocket.
 _______

NEW CHANGE!!

The backpack will also contain the following books:



- An ARC of The Marbury Lens by Andrew Smith

- How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff (a Prinz-winning book)

- Fat Kid Rules the World by K.L. Going (a Prinz Honor book)

- Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen

- The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall (a National Book Award book)
__________

The first runner up will get something amazing. I found it while I was packing the other day and decided that I HAD to put it the contest.



- Trivial Pursuit, the Book-Lover's Edition! (Which I bought new and never played because all my bookish friends are online.) AND a new permanent plastic cup w/straw, which as long-time readers know is my favorite way to drink water.

(Unfortunately, I can't ship the backpack or the game internationally, but I DO have a special prize for out-of-country entries, so don't let that stop you!)

________

But if you don't win the first two prizes, don't despair! The second runner-up will receive a $15 Amazon or Barnes and Noble gift card, so you can buy ebooks (or print books!) on the platform of your choice.

The contest will close at midnight, June 8th June 15th PST. To enter, just fill out the form below.


Thanks to everyone who entered! The contest is now closed. 


Also, telling the submission story won hands down over finishing the worldbuilding series as the next thing I should do. So come back on Saturday to read how we sold House of a Thousand Dolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.