Querytracker interview and lessons in perfectionism

You almost didn't get this link.

Really. I almost didn't put it up, and here's why:

I wrote this interview last week in a stress-induced haze. It would take a long time to explain why, but basically everything in my life was overwhelming me, to the extent that I was having anxiety attacks almost every night.

So on one of my days off, I filled out the interview. I read it through, ran it through spellcheck and emailed it back. But when I clicked on the link yesterday I was horrified. THERE WERE TYPOS EVERYWHERE!



And not misspelling typos either, but wrong word usage. The sort of thing where you spell a word and it auto-corrects to something else, making you look mildly illiterate. 

Now I'm a bit of a perfectionist. There are things you're supposed to do and certain ways you're supposed to do them and if you fail THE WORLD ENDS. So there was no way I was going to send all of you to an interview with *gasp* mistakes in it.

Except...I'd already told you it was coming. And friends have said that reading those kinds of interviews encourage them and there is some cool stuff in there about how I got the idea and it's not like anyone is going to hate me for a few typos, right?

Right?

(Who am I kidding? There's probably a lynch mob out there right now lighting torches and grabbing pitchforks and shouting "BURN THE GRAMMAR HERETIC!")



*hides under bed*

Unfortunately for me, I have a strict policy about doing scary things: I try to do them whenever possible. And that includes showing people my mistakes.

So for your enjoyment, my delightfully imperfect Querytracker interview. Enjoy!

Any other perfectionists out there? How do you handle making mistakes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.