What part of writing is hardest for you?



Achilles' heels. We all have them.

Mine is pacing. I have to feed my rough drafts through a basic story structure outline to make sure all the climaxes and tensions are in the right spot. Add to that the fact that I'm always missing at least half of the middle and have to add it in later and you have a definite writing weakness.

Fortunately, like most weaknesses, knowing how to fix it is my greatest weapon. But without blogs like Alexandra Sokoloff's The Dark Salon and websites like Save the Cat, my story structure would be sad indeed.

What about you? What's your writing weakness?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.