Reasons 2011 will rock, part 2

So on Monday I posted about my New Year's Resolution. But there are other equally awesome reasons why I'm looking forward to 2011.

Reason #2: Taking a Class

That's right, I'm going to be taking a class this year. Just one, because of my work schedule, but I'm excited about it. I'm taking Introduction to Anthropology 101, which should fit nicely into my people obsession.

However, this is the first time I'll have gone back to college since 2002, so I'm a bit nervous. I keep telling myself that it's just reading and writing. And I can do that in my sleep, right?

Right?

I'm not scared. Not at all.

Reason #3: Revising my 2010 Books

I wrote two books in 2010. Both of them have male protagonists and currently both of them are in the horrible first draft stage. My goal is to get both of them rewritten enough to send to beta readers before summer hits.

This is especially awesome because my husband is my first reader and he's been begging me to write him something from a male POV. I'm looking forward to seeing what he thinks.


Reason #4: My Very Shiny New Book Idea

This most likely won't be in the works until summer, but I've been plotting and planning and it's coming together nicely. I can't really tell you what it's about, except there's a space station. And an advanced version of the witness protection program. And a robotic dog with excellent social skills.
 
Did I mention it's IN SPACE?


(Oh, speaking of space, Beth Revis's fabulous book Across the Universe releases next week! You should all read the first chapter here. And then order it. I want YA sci-fi to be the next big thing so that  my Shiny Idea will be cooler.)


How about you? What are you looking forward to this year?

5 comments:

  1. You've got a lot of great projects taking you into 2011, sounds very inspiring! I'm starting the year querying a couple of projects, and undertaking one manuscript's revision. Best wishes for a great year, Miriam :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, Miriam, my undergrad degree is in Anthropology! You're gonna' love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanne- I hope you have a great year too! Best of luck with the querying!

    Darby- Yah! It seems like it's going to be fascinating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Miriam, it sounds like you've got a great year planned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *crosses fingers* *grins at Natalie* I hope so!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.