Ahh! I almost forgot Saturday's post!

In honor of all you Harry Potter fans, here's a story from one of my favorite websites, notalwaysright.com.

(If you've ever been in customer service, or known someone who was, you should check the site out. Hil-arious.)


A Golden Snitch Short Of A Quidditch Match

Bookstore | Bay Area, CA, USA

Me: “How can I help you?”

Caller: “This a bookstore?”

Me: “Yes, this is a bookstore.”

Caller: “Oh. I need the 8th Harry Potter book.”

Me: “I’m sorry sir, but there are only 7 Harry Potter books.”

Caller: “But I need the 8th one.”

Me: “There are only 7 books, sir.”

Caller: “Why?”

Me: “Because there are only 7 years at Hogwarts.”

Caller: “What does that mean?”

Me: “Sir, have you read the Harry Potter books?”

Caller: “No, my son reads them and he finished the 7th one and asked me to get the 8th one.”

Me: “Sir, if he read the 7th one, he would know that that was the final book in the series.”

Caller: “But he wants to read it. What can I do?”

Me: “Contact the author?”

Caller: “Do you have his number?”

Me: “Do I have J.K. Rowling’s number?”

Caller: “Yes.”

Me: “No. I… uh… don’t happen to have that on me.”

Caller: “Oh. Can you tell my son that there are only 7?”

Me: “No, I’m sure you’re quite capable of doing that all on your own.”

Caller: “He will be very upset!” *hangs up*
__________

PS: I apologize for the cop-out post, guys. But my main character is in a fight to the death with a creepy, soul-stealing green mist thing that can melt people or trap them in mirrors, AND I HAVE NO IDEA HOW HE'S SUPPOSED TO WIN!

*brain explodes*

How's everyone else's week going?

5 comments:

  1. Funny post, Miriam!

    I spent a couple of miserable years working retail in the children's department at Sears. Christmas season was the worst. It brought out all the scrooges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! But I have to say, I think that ending was amazing... just reading that you've put your character in a battle even you are at a loss with... well, isn't that just typical of nanowrimo, to do that to you?
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the laughs. I haven't read all the Harry Potter books, but even I know that the 7th is the last one. :-)

    I'm sure you'll figure out how your MC will beat the bad guy (err...mist thing). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could be wrong, but I'm sure having your main character's brain explode will not help conquer the person-melting, mirror-trapping, soul-thieving green misty thingy.

    Unless you're going for a deus ex machina style climax where the green mist can only be defeated through contact with shrapnel of cerebral material (which your character miraculously discovers a way to detonate their own mind), sadly requiring the ultimate sacrifice of whomever wishes to destroy the green mist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa- Yeeesh. That sounds awful. I don't like being anywhere near the kid's section of stores at this time of year. *cowers, hides*

    Star- No. Kidding. And the thing is, I know HOW the battle ends. I just don't know how to get there from here. :)

    Rebecca- The mist is actually taking the form of a creepy little girl, so I'd call it a her. Thanks for the encouragement!

    Nic- Bwahahaha!! I kind of wish my story was that cool now. Unfortunately, it's MY brain that's exploding, which really helps no one. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.