Things to do when your laptop starts to smoke.

1. Remain calm and don't scream. You might be in a coffee shop full of people.

2. Locate the source of the smoke and blow out the flame.

3. Shut the laptop and take out the battery.

4. Stare at the closed computer for several minutes, Try to figure out how to react to the fact that your primary writing/editing/internet tool just bit the dust.

5. Don't cry. Remember, you're in a crowded public place

6. Resign yourself to being more unplugged then you'd planned for the next two weeks. Thank your lucky stars that you don't have to blog regularly until next month, and that you have a desktop at home that only needs a little tweaking to be fully functional.

7. Cry anyway. But only a little.
__________

P.S. I have, unaccountably, picked up a few more followers during my unplugging time. *waves to new followers* Don't worry, folks. I am coming back and I have something cool planned for you next month.

See you in November!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your laptop, I'd definitely be sobbing! Hope you're up and running soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had times like that. The first time it happened I spent an entire week 24/7 in my room trying to figure out how to get the story off my old hard drive and onto a new computer. The last time, I actually fell into hysterics, but at least I was at home. You see, the start button on mine was pretty much smashed in by my brother... and I decided I hated him until I was able to fix the button with a screwdriver, a pliers, and a piece of wire.

    Know you're pain. I hope you get running again soon. *pats her on the back*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! It takes a lot less to get me bawling. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.