1. Remain calm and don't scream. You might be in a coffee shop full of people.
2. Locate the source of the smoke and blow out the flame.
3. Shut the laptop and take out the battery.
4. Stare at the closed computer for several minutes, Try to figure out how to react to the fact that your primary writing/editing/internet tool just bit the dust.
5. Don't cry. Remember, you're in a crowded public place
6. Resign yourself to being more unplugged then you'd planned for the next two weeks. Thank your lucky stars that you don't have to blog regularly until next month, and that you have a desktop at home that only needs a little tweaking to be fully functional.
7. Cry anyway. But only a little.
P.S. I have, unaccountably, picked up a few more followers during my unplugging time. *waves to new followers* Don't worry, folks. I am coming back and I have something cool planned for you next month.
See you in November!