A little fun for Wednesday

 After so many serious posts, I thought it was time for a some random fun. So when I found this little game of tag on the awesome Coffey, Tea and Literary blog, I thought I'd pass it on.

The idea is that you answer eight questions about yourself and then tag eight people to do the same. Instead of choosing between all the interesting people I know, I'm just going to tag all of you who read this.

Tag. You're it.

(And no tag-backs. That's not cool.)
 __________


1. If you could have a superpower, what would you have? Why? 

I want to control air. I want to make the wind blow, and have it bring me conversations. I want to make air solid or be able to pull in rain clouds. There are so many awesome things I could do with an air power. I could fly and eavesdrop on people and lock mimes in actual invisible boxes!



 2. Who is your style icon?
Is there anyone who runs around in T-shirts and jeans all day and still looks stylish? Because that person is my style hero. Pretty much all I own are jeans, colored tee-shirts and flowy skirts. 

3. What is your favorite quote?

I'm going to cheat and do three because I can't choose.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."  ~ Friedrich Nietzsche


"I have found the secret: that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt. Only more love." ~Mother Teresa


"Every word written is a victory against death." ~Michel Butor

4. What is the best compliment you've ever received?

Aside from all the awesome and wonderful things my husband says about me, it would have to be a toss-up between this random guy I met on a mission trip who told me that I reminded him "so much" of Diana from the Anne of Green Gables movie and a friend who recently told me that I was her daily comic strip.

5. What playlist/cd is on your ipod/cd player right now?

My writing playlist! It's a big fat mix of things, including Anna Nalick, Antigone Rising, Loreena McKennitt, and the soundtracks to both Dreamgirls and Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights. 

6. Are you a night owl or a morning person?

I can do both. I'm night owl by choice, but since I work a lot of early shifts at the coffee shop, I'm a morning person by necessity. Coffee is still a must though. 

7. Do you prefer dogs or cats?

Cats overall, because they do their own thing and don't need constant attention. But I do love a big dog. My ultimate pet ambition is to own a Newfoundland like this:


 8. What is the meaning behind your blog name?

The first book I ever wrote--in high school no less--was originally titled When Dragons Dance.

I stole that for the original title of this blog, which was Dancing with Dragons and Other Hobbies I Enjoy. But when I started thinking about how I could make the blog more focused, I got a really funny mental picture of what dancing with a dragon would actually look like. I mean, these are LARGE animals, with scaly clawed feet. If they tread on your toes, your shoes are done for.

People don't tell you that sort of thing when they come up with nice-sounding concepts like "dancing with dragons". And so the blog name was born.
__________

Well those are mine. If you decide to play, leave a note in the comments section so we can all play along.

YOU'RE IT!  *tags* *runs away laughing*

5 comments:

  1. I'm game for a fun Wednesday ... I'll answer a few of them here ...

    Style Icon? My daughter. She has a really intuitive eye for style, and keeps me on my toes.

    Favorite Quote? "Own it."

    cd in my cd player? John Fogerty, former Creedence frontman.

    Cats or Dogs? Everyone knows Cats Rule :)

    Blog Name Meaning? Paralleling the goodness of coffee with pouring your heart into a good life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne- Yah cats!!!

    My sister is my mom's style person. It's kind of funny to watch, actually. :)

    Joanna- Thank you. The quiz was fun to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nic- I saw that! Your answers were great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.