Five Star Reads of the Year!

So to kick off our September Book Month, I thought I'd share with you the books that have earned five stars from me this year. Some of these are new reads from me, some are ones I've always loved, but all of them are awesome.

Terrier (Beka Cooper, #1) by Tamora Pierce Terrier (Beka Cooper, #1) Pierce, Tamora

The Golden Gate (Paperback) by Alistair MacLean The Golden Gate MacLean, Alistair

Peter and the Starcatchers (Peter and the Starcatchers, #1) by Dave Barry Peter and the Starcatchers (Peter and the Starcatchers, #1) Barry, Dave

The Looking Glass Wars (Looking Glass Wars, #1) by Frank Beddor The Looking Glass Wars (Looking Glass Wars, #1) Beddor, Frank

Reserved for the Cat (Elemental Masters, #6) by Mercedes Lackey Reserved for the Cat (Elemental Masters, #6) Lackey, Mercedes

Peter and the Shadow Thieves (Peter and the Starcatchers, #2) by Dave Barry Peter and the Shadow Thieves (Peter and the Starcatchers, #2) Barry, Dave

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins The Hunger Games (Hunger Games, #1) Collins, Suzanne

Sometimes the Magic Works: Lessons from a Writing Life (Paperbac... by Terry Brooks Sometimes the Magic Works: Lessons from a Writing Life Brooks, Terry


Catching Fire (Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins Catching Fire (Hunger Games, #2) Collins, Suzanne

On Writing (Mass Market Paperback) by Stephen King On Writing King, Stephen

Exile's Honor (Heralds of Valdemar, #6) by Mercedes Lackey Exile's Honor (Heralds of Valdemar, #6) Lackey, Mercedes

Exile's Valor (Heralds of Valdemar, #7) by Mercedes Lackey Exile's Valor (Heralds of Valdemar, #7) Lackey, Mercedes

I Kissed a Zombie, and I Liked It (Paperback) by Adam Selzer I Kissed a Zombie, and I Liked It Selzer, Adam

Need (Need, #1) by Carrie Jones Need (Need, #1) Jones, Carrie

Dave Barry's Book of Bad Songs (Paperback) by Dave Barry Dave Barry's Book of Bad Songs Barry, Dave

Toads and Diamonds (Hardcover) by Heather Tomlinson Toads and Diamonds Tomlinson, Heather

Brightly Woven (Hardcover) by Alexandra Bracken Brightly Woven Bracken, Alexandra

Inside Out (Paperback) by Maria V. Snyder Inside Out Snyder, Maria V.

Writing Down the Bones: Freeing the Writer Within (Shambhala Poc... by Natalie Goldberg Writing Down the Bones: Freeing the Writer Within Goldberg, Natalie

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls, #2) by Ally Carter Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls, #2) Carter, Ally

Harmonic Feedback (Hardcover) by Tara Kelly Harmonic Feedback Kelly, Tara

For the Win (Hardcover) by Cory Doctorow For the Win Doctorow, Cory

Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves, #1) Barnes, Jennifer Lynn


Circus (Hardcover) by Alistair MacLean Circus MacLean, Alistair


When Eight Bells Toll (Paperback) by Alistair MacLean When Eight Bells Toll MacLean, Alistair

Mockingjay (Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins Mockingjay (Hunger Games, #3) Collins, Suzanne




How about you? What are your best reads so far this year?

7 comments:

  1. I read Terry Brooks' book on writing last year. Excellent! I love how it pertains to writers of any genre even though he writes mostly fantasy.

    Great list here. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I must say, Brooks' book is one of my favorites. I read it about once a year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I'll have to check those out. I've been meaning to pick up the Peter books. I was a HUGE Peter Pan fan growing up, so I still hold a very special place for it in my heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee, the Pan books are AWESOME! You should definitely read them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard great things abut Terrier. I'll have to add it to my list. I really loved Linger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good gracious, I haven't read any of those! Yet I'm reading more than ever. Must...read...faster.

    Appreciate your list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natalie- I've heard good things about Linger. The Beka Cooper series is my favorite from Pierce. That and the Trickster books. :)

    Helen- Yes, read faster! *grin* Join us addicted bookaholics.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.