September Banned Book Challenge

As many of my older blog readers know, last September was all about books here at the Dancing with Dragons blog.

This year, we're doing something a little different. I'll still be posting reviews, and talking about books of all kinds, but I have a new twist. Introducing....

The Banned Book Challenge!


Here's how it goes. I challenge you, my loyal and wonderful readers to read at least one banned or challenged book this September.  And not only read it, but review it on your blogs, webpages or Goodreads.

And to help you out, I've set up a new site: http://readabannedbook.weebly.com.  You can sign up for the challenge, and leave links to the reviews when they're up.  I will collect the links and post them on the site.


The site even has lists of banned and challenged books to assist you in choosing one to read.  If you want to sign up, go HERE.  And if you want to help spread the word, I've made a handy-dandy invitation that anyone can copy  and post on their blog.

So that's the Banned Book Challenge. Who's in?

5 comments:

  1. This is very cool, Miriam, and I'll definitely help promote it.

    BUT (you may know this?) an awful lot of links at that new site don't work at all: I get a "SITE NOT PUBLISHED" error message from Weebly. This was true even if I just followed a link to the comments page for a post. Not sure if that's a Weebly problem or an actual site problem, but I thought you should know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. The error message concludes: "If you are the owner of the site, you can fix this message by republishing your site."

    So, there you go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah! Hang on, I'll republish the site. *republishes*

    Sorry, I've never dealt with this site before. I think that should fix it but I'll double check the rest of the links today just to be sure. Let me know if anything else doesn't work.

    Thanks JES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, all the links and pages seem to be working from my end. If anyone has any problems, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like such a good idea! And I can't agree more with Ellen Hopkins :) I've some books in mind to review for this month... I just hope I find the time :)

    (On a related note, I'm only just discovering your blog but I'm having so much fun here! I'd love to give you One Lovely Blog award. If you choose to accept it, you can find it here: http://www.mariekenijkamp.com/musings/?p=206 :) )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.