Monday Snippits: Funny things I've tweeted lately.

I confess, I love Twitter. It's taught me more about concise writing than anything else I've ever done. Without Twitter, this blog would be much more rambly and hard to read than it is. A few days ago, I tweeted this:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the good things I often write, courage to rewrite the awful bits, and wisdom to know the difference.

I liked it so much I wrote it down and stuck it up on my Board of Cool Quotes. Then I decided it might be fun to be narcissistic and post a few more.
__________ 



Tweets of the Week

I watched a little X-files, but then switched to Highlander. I'm in the mood for some serious arse-kicking. #withswordsofcourse

 Bad Guy: I am a bad guy w/henchmen, hostages and guns! Duncan: I am Duncan MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod and I have... myself. 

Bad Guy: I am going to shoot you. *shoots Duncan* Duncan: Yeah, about that... Let me explain why it sucks to be you.
__________


Being an introvert who loves people is a bit like walking a tightrope over a cage of tigers. Balance is your biggest concern.
__________


I'm done being an adult. Can I go home now?

 (This spat of grumpiness has been brought to you by Stupid Hot Weather with No Air Conditioner. Also by The Editing Hangover. Thank you.)
 __________

Facebook wants me to "write my memoirs from my sofa". Sorry Facebook, but if I stayed on the sofa those would be some boring-arse memoirs. 

The ad is very excited about me writing FROM HOME!! Because apparently most people don't write from home. #whoknew  

The Sofa Memoirs: I sat on the sofa. I typed on a keyboard. I got tired of mocking Facebook ads and went up to take a nap. 
__________

Mostly I tweet about writing, napping and random, funny things that happen during the day. If you keep it interesting and positve it's actually a lot of fun.

What's your favorite social media and why?

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I like that bit about the introvert liking people.

    I mostly tweet quotes I read somewhere and like. I didn't know you were on twitter, but now I'm following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miriam:
    Love this post and I love your blog too. I gave you an award for being you. Another fun thing to tweet about. Come pick it up.
    Nancy
    N. R. Williams, fantasy author

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura- Yah! I will look for you and follow you back, if I'm not already doing so.

    Nancy- Aw, thank you! I'll stop by tonight or tomorrow and leave a comment. I love awards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Duncan, too, and I think you caught his voice! I could totally hear him saying those things. Oh, crap, I need to get a life, don't I?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan- Psh. Nothing wrong with that! I just call it research. And the worldbuidling is very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.