Welcome to July!

 We interrupt your regularly scheduled programming for a few brief announcements.

THANK YOU again for all the encouragement on my last post. As per your suggestions, I've taken the time to read some purely fun books and relaxed. And while I haven't stopped writing entirely, I'm mostly revising right now so it hasn't been as draining as creating a first draft.  I'm feeling much better! *grin*

 As some of you know, my second blog anniversary is coming up!!! 

*cheers* *wild applause*

That means over the next few weeks I'll be playing around with the blog format to see if I can improve it, and asking you for suggestions and feedback. (EDIT: if the blog look wonky, it means I'm in the middle of playing with it. Sorry!)  It also means it's time for my annual blog break. Starting July 12th, I'll be off for a week, in fact I'll probably unplug entirely.

(Don't worry, I'll be back. *evil laugh*)

Don't forget to check in on Wednesday for an interview with Beth Bence Reinke and a good discussion of picture books!

8 comments:

  1. Hooray for breaks! Hooray for 2nd year blog-iversaries! Hooray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! I can sleep a little easier now. I've been meaning to say, you have a cute avatar photo. Maybe more photo's to celebrate the anniversary. Happy writing, and great to see you happy. I got a little scared - I saw an angry tweet. Yikes! Talk soon, Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been two years blogging for me too, I can't believe it! It's amazing how it's grown into a dedicated part of my writing. Happy 4th to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogiversary!!! I like your new layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're feeling better. Happy Blogiversary! Glad you'll be taking a break. I'll be impressed if you unplug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the two pictures on the left. Don't lose them.

    I am so proud of you for taking a break. I've not done that yet. I went totally bananas when my computer hard drive died recently.

    Straight From Hel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendy- Hooray for awesome blog friends too!

    Simon- The angry tweet was me being mad because a friend of mine was being badly used. But things are better now. Thanks for the good wishes!

    Joanne- We are kind of blog twins, aren't we? In fact, I think you were my first comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura- Thank you! I'm going to ask for feedback on Monday, so it's good to know I'm on the right track.

    Natalie- So will I! It would be hard, but I think unplugging would be worth it. :)

    Helen- I wouldn't dream of getting rid of them! In fact I like them so much, I decided to add more. *grin* I hope your computer problems get better!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.