A Fast Five

1. If you've never taken a blog/Internet break, I can recommend it. I missed you all, but a break helped me let go of that anxious feeling. You know that feeling...

I haven't checked the Internet for hours! What am I missing?


2. In other news, I'm 20k into the overhaul of an old novel, House of a Thousand Dolls. Hooray! I kept the bare bones of the plot, and most of the characters, but I'm changing everything else. I want to get a good chunk of it done before August because...

3. August is going to be the Month of Juggling Projects. I've got to do at least one more polish (if not two) on my second YA book before it hits the submission stage and my middle-grade first draft will have finished marinating by then and need some serious second draft work.

Not to mention the project above, which I want to keep working on as well. Whew!




4. And since I clearly don't have enough to do, I'm thinking about doing a series of posts on plot, similar to the ones I did on character a while back. Anyone else think that would be a good idea?

5. Finally, writer, long-time blogger, and just generally nice person Erica Orloff could use a laugh this week. If you have anything amusing or interesting you can share with her, please drop it off in this comment thread. Thank you!

10 comments:

  1. Welcome back. I spotted you lurking on twitter. I have enough trouble with one wip, how do you do it? I'm excited you're excited, and I visited Erica. Happy writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simon- To be honest, I'm not sure it's that great of an idea to juggle that many at once! *grin*

    What will probably happen is this. I'll put down what I'm working on right now and do the polish first, then go into the second draft of the middle grade while the polish goes off to some beta readers. Makes me tired just thinking about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that feeling!

    A series on plot sounds excellent.

    Welcome back, but we'll understand when you have to write instead of blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the feeling too. Wow, it sounds like you'll be productive next month. I hope I am too. The posts on plot sound awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen- Thanks! I should be able to keep to my regular Mon-Wed-Sat blogging schedule, but if I get busy, you might get more pictures of cute animals or something. :)

    Natalie- I hope I'm productive anyway. *grin* You know how life can get in the way sometimes. Good luck to both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miriam, can you email me and tell me which day is good for pizza the week you're here? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to see that series on plot - I enjoyed your character series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy- Done and done!

    Elisabeth- That series was fun to do. I wonder what I'll have to say about plotting... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished an unplug week and I agree it really does help give some perspective. I got a lot accomplished to. :)

    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete
  10. Angela- Getting more stuff done is a DEFINITE bonus for an unplug week. Amazing how much more time you have, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.