Monday Snippits: My favorite place on earth.

Sorry this post is so late, but my husband and I took a little road trip today up to Spokane, Coeur d'Alene and this place...





This is Turnbull Wildlife Refuge just outside of Cheney, Washington, a part of what's known as the Channeled Scablands. (don't blame me for the name, I didn't pick it)  My family lived on the edge of the refuge from the time I was six to the time I was sixteen, but I hadn't been back for over a decade.

I have a long list of places I'd like to visit someday: Alaska, Ireland, Italy, England. But the meadows and marshes of Turnbull always make me feel right at home.

How about you? Where's your favorite place?

2 comments:

  1. I love the Smokey Mountains, though we don't get down there that much anymore. I'd love to go to Alaska, England, Ireland, back to India, China, etc. But with a kid to put through college in a few years, I don't think I'll be going that far from home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie- I hear the Smokey Mountains are beautiful, but since we don't have a huge cash flow, I don't know how far we'll get from home either. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.