Monday Snippits: A peek at my bookshelf

So if you look at my bookshelf lately, you'd notice that I'm catching up on my YA to-read list. Specifically, I've been trying to read those wildly-popular-everyone-talks-about-them books that I just hadn't gotten around to yet.

Here's what I've got so far:


Graceling (The Seven Kingdoms Trilogy, #1) by Kristin Cashore Graceling (The Seven Kingdoms Trilogy, #1) Cashore, Kristin

Incarceron (Incarceron, #1) by Catherine Fisher Incarceron (Incarceron, #1) Fisher, Catherine

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins The Hunger Games (Hunger Games, #1) Collins, Suzanne

Catching Fire (Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins Catching Fire (Hunger Games, #2) Collins, Suzanne

City of Bones (Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare City of Bones (Mortal Instruments, #1) Clare, Cassandra
 

Now, I'll give you my reviews of these in the next post, but for now I want to hear your opinions. Has anyone else read these? What did you think?

10 comments:

  1. I've read them all except for City of Bones. I really enjoyed all of them. So I think your choices are good. Hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not read any of these, but Hunger Games is mentioned everywhere. It's on my to buy list. It missed out this round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't rally read YA, so these aren't familiar to me. But don't you just love it when you have a pile of good books just waiting on the bookshelf? It's a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read Graceling (and Fire) and The Hunger Games. I loved Graceling and wasn't so wild about THG. I liked it, and there's nothing that I can think of specifically that put me off, but I was not as in love with it as most.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Hunger Games and really liked it, although YA is not a genre I generally read and enjoy right now. Catching Fire, the sequel, reminded me once again why YA is not a genre I read and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incarceron--intriguing and weird! I liked it a lot and am looking forward to the next installment.

    The Hunger Games--in a word, AWESOME!

    Catching Fire--ditto. I can't wait for the third book to come out (in August?)

    Haven't read the other two, though I look forward to seeing your reviews of them. I'm a sucker for speculative stuff like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of these...I do have Catching Fire, but don't want to read it until I get the first book. :0

    ReplyDelete
  8. Natalie- Thanks, I did like them as a matter of fact. All in different ways, but they're all very well written.

    Simon- That's what happened to me. There are just too many books in the world to read!

    Joanne- It's a fabulous feeling, I agree. And I went to the library today, so now I have another lovely pile waiting for me! :)

    Maureen- I'm excited to read Fire! And I find it so interesting how different people react to different books. Everyone's got their own groove, which is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen- Interesting! Why is that, do you think? I'm always curious as to what it is about YA that some people don't care for. (My dad's a bit the same way.)

    Rebecca- I'd say if you like speculative, you can't go wrong with any of these. And I agree, Incarceron was most intriguing!

    Sharon- Yeah, you shouldn't read them out of order. Some series you can, but these two are so closely tied together that I found myself wondering if she originally wrote them as one book and just split it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Speaking of books have you updated your other website? I think you are up to 1986.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.