Monday Snippits

1. I'm running about an hour behind today because I slept in. Because I had a nightmare.  To be more specific, because I was having a nightmare and wanted to make it end okay before I woke up.

Am I the only person who does this?

2. My father, who passed onto me the bookworm gene, got a Kindle in January. Since then he regularly calls me to compare book count for the year. (Yes, we are competing over books. Because we're just THAT NERDY.)

As of now, he's winning.  But not for long!  I just started my yearly Agatha Christie kick, and I can read an Agatha Christie book in a DAY!  Take that, Dad! :-P

3. Speaking of e-readers, my husband has promised me a Nook if I lose my doctor-recommended 22 pounds. This leads to some interesting mental conversations.

ME: (at church, where there are free doughnuts) I want an apple fritter!

MY BETTER SELF: But you're cutting back on sugar, remember?

ME: But I want an apple fritter!  *pouts*

MY BETTER SELF: Would you rather have an apple fritter, or a Nook?

ME: (sputtering) But...but... Dang.

I have no idea where I'm at in the process, since I don't own a scale, but my clothes are definitely looser. Yah for motivation!


How's your week starting out?

12 comments:

  1. I need that kind of motivation! I might have to try your bribery tactic, because nothing is helping me resist the junk foods of the world, and I really need to drop some pounds. You are always an inspiration, Miriam!

    And I am totally with you on nightmares and the need to keep dreaming to fix the end! I'm glad I'm not alone on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be all over that apple fritter. In fact, now I want an apple fritter and I wasn't thinking about them before. Thanks. :[

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a nightmare last night that I was lost in an enormous mall, running around, about to miss my bus.

    It was pretty bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy- I'm glad to hear someone understands that. Most people I know try to wake up when they have nightmares. But that just makes me cranky and unhappy. I'd rather try to fix them.

    You should get a Nook, then we can loan books to each other! :)

    Amy- Oops! Sorry! *snickers*

    Renee- That's a terrible feeling, isn't it? When I have dreams about being lost, it's usually some huge labyrinthine house with ramps and stairs and tunnels everywhere.

    I hope you were able to shake it off this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh bribery. The best form of spousal motivation. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm liking the idea of the fun reading competition with your dad. Nothing inspires motivation like a little fun competition. For a few years I had a competition going with a family member with our tomato gardens. I never had as good a crop as those years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jason- Works for me! :)

    Joanne- Competition does help with goals, doesn't it? Makes me wonder how I could get a writing competition going...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh great. Now I want a Snickers. Can you just stop talking about food??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that kind of motivation. I may steal it. I sure wish you hadn't mentioned apple fritters. I just gained four pounds reading your post.

    Helen
    Straight From Hel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy- Yes, yes I can. *starts muttering about random inedible things*

    Helen- Sorry! I probably shouldn't have used that example, because going back and reading it made ME want one too! Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG on the Nook. That is cracking me up. I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. PJ- Thank you! The really hilarious thing is that the more my husband thinks about it, the more he wants one. So he's been very supportive! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.