Monday News: Update on the Nook project.

As many of you know, over the last couple of months, I have been trying to lose a little weight on the recommendation of my doctor. My husband has promised me this if I succeed.

Ooo.  Ahhhh.

So far things are moving along okay, I'm between twelve and fifteen pounds lighter depending on which scale I'm using. But I'm running into a few problems.

1.) Pants.

I now have no pants that fit properly, with the exception of my work pants. Evey pair of jeans I own fits great for a few hours right after washing, and then sags in that unattractive I-see-London-I-see-France sort of way. 

2.) Sugar Intolerance.

The more weight I lose, the less my body can handle sugar. I gave in and had The Doughnut Which Shall Not Be Named yesterday, and five minutes later I felt like I'd been beaten by a baseball bat.  (This is probably a good thing in general, but it was a pain-in-the-neck at the time)

3.) Mental and Social Fog.

So far the pattern is drop a few pounds, then plateau for a week, then drop a few pounds, then plateau.  Which is fine, except every time I'm in the first part, my ability to deal with people or remember things takes a direct hit. So if you ever wonder why you haven't seen me around for a day or two, that's probably the reason.

Anyone else tried to lose a significant amount of weight before? Did these things happen to you?

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great incentive to keep you motivated! I've only taken off a few pounds here and there, but it sounds like you're on the right track in that you're doing this over months. Don't they say that a slow loss is much more effective than to quickly lose weight? Best wishes ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always told myself drooping pants is something I will never complain about! Yay for you! It is funny how our bodies become used to the no sugar thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanne- I know, isn't that a great idea? I literally stopped in my tracks when he made the offer. It took him fifteen minutes to convince me he was serious.

    Thanks for the good wishes!

    PJ- Thanks! I'm good with the saggy pants, but I can't afford more right now! So that's been amusing. *snicker*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.