Going off the grid.

I have a confession: Sometimes, I forget that I'm an introvert.

See, I love people. LOVE them. People fascinate me. And because I'm so fascinated by people, I forget that the company of people is not my natural habitat. 

And so, like a scuba diver who forgets about their air tank, I swim and I look and I explore until I run out of air.

Which brings me to where I am now. Out of air, and out of emotional energy.

Fortunately for me, my vacation starts on Thursday! (Hooray!) So in the interests of both my day job, and my writing, I'm taking a people break. This means very little Internet and large quantities of alone time. It also means I won't be about my usual cyber-haunts.

So if you comment on a post and I don't respond, or you wonder why you haven't seen me on Twitter lately, that's why. I'm going off the grid, starting Thursday.*

See you later!

*the blog will still be posting, I just might not be around to answer comments.

8 comments:

  1. This is a great idea. Have a wonderful break! Spoil Yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time off, unplug a little, and have a great vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time unplugging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, just when I discover your blog, you go away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your time off. I think we all need to do that sometime, especially when you're trying to keep a full time job, write, and spend time social networking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone!

    Karen- Aw! I'm not going away too much. The blog will still be updated over the week, probably with some funny, odd stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, sounds nice! Have fun on vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.