Enough about me!

And my awesome 46,000 word Nano project.  Which combined with the beginning 14,000 words gives me a glorious, completed 60,000 word manuscript to play with in six weeks.

Whee!!!

Instead, we're going to talk about someone else, specifically Stacy Whitman, who is starting a small press this year.  Since Beth said it so much better than I could, I just stole her whole post.   *laughs evilly*

______________________

So.

Tu Publishing.

Publishing multi-cultural fantasy and science fiction.

It's important. Here's why:



I've been a fan of Stacy Whitman (founder of Tu Publishing) for awhile now, but although I knew she was working on establishing the publishing line, I didn't realize she needed help with fundraising. WriterGirl brought that to my attention. Really, you should go read her post here--she says it all much better than I would.

My favorite lines from her post:
I believe this idea is as important if not more so than the LIAR cover controversy. Bloggers moved mountains with that campaign and this publishing house aims to bring more books like that to us. They need our help. And I want to do everything I can to help make this a reality.

There are 14 days left on the fund-raising project and there is a lot of ground to cover. And the cool thing is, if you donate, you get stuff back. Please, spread the word. Donate. Contact others who might be interested. There is a fabulous auction going on. There is so much we can do, and not a lot of time left to do it. Please, I want to move another mountain.

WriterGirl is right: let's move this mountain.

Posted On Tuesday, December 1, 2009 at at 8:44 AM by beth  


__________________________

For more information, here is Tu Publishing's website and Stacy Whitman's blog.

See you Saturday!

6 comments:

  1. Can we talk a little bit about you? Wow, I think you moved a 46,000 word mountain in the past month. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats for you on NaNo! So very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanne- Well, I'm not going to argue that... :) Thank you for the congrats, and the encouragement!

    PJ- Thank you! I'm actually delighted that the first draft is done. Revising is my favorite part, so it's nice to have a whole book to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go WRITING! Wow, impressive. Hello fellow Inde-debut member. Love your kookiness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for shameless reposting! When it's stuff like this, it's GREAT to spread the word! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terry- Thank you!

    Beth- I know! I've been so busy lately that I hadn't even thought about the fundraiser until I read your post. But it's a great cause.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.