Monday Snippits: Things I say

All right, here are the origins of the "weird things I say at work" list from Saturday. Click on the link to see the actual line in context.

1. Hello, dripping yellow madness.    
(From Homestarrunner.com)

2. Silence!!  I kill you!!    
(Comedian Jeff Dunham)

3. So, it is down to you, and it is down to me.    
(From the movie The Princess Bride)

4. Must affix everything to everything!!     
(From xkcd online comic)

5. Can I get you anything? A hot pocket perhaps? Eggo?    
(From the movie Austin Powers)

6.  I can do it!  I will do it NINE TIMES!!! 
(Another one from Homestarrunner.com)

7. If it lays an egg, it'll fall down the back of the television set.
(From Monty Python's Flying Circus: note, this line is about three minutes into the video.)

8. Oh no...  what do I do with my arms? Oh no...    
(From the Mystery Science Theater episode: The Sinister Urge, this line is about four-and-a-half minutes in.)

9. Who cares?  Water!!    
(Comedian Jerry Seinfeld)

10. Because Starbucks doesn't take American Express.   
(From an old Visa commercial that I couldn't find a link for)

See you Wednesday!

6 comments:

  1. Oh... I've been watching a bunch of the MST3K, but I know I haven't seen the Sinister Urge. I'll have to check that out. The husband and I were just watching Monty Python skit--the Spanish Inquisition ones. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy- Yah for MST3K!! You should check out Sinister Urge. It's not Space Mutiny, but it wears well. :) (And the Spanish Inquisition is one of my favorites!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, that's great. :) I did recognize the one from Princess Bride, but that's about it.

    My husband and I are big movie quoters. For the first six months of marriage we had no tv, and the only movie we owned was Lord of the Rings. Needless to say, we found a way to encourparate LOTR quotes into just about any situation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the origins! And I love how they are special to select people. It's like a little secret!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss those old Visa commercials! I reference them all the time. I believe they were played during the 1994 Lillehammer Olympics ... I think Visa was the only credit card accepted for purchase of tickets at those games.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee- That's quite awesome. I can only imagine the carnage my husband and I would have created with that much LOTR. :)

    PJ- Isn't it funny? My husband was super-excited because he knew where all of those quotes came from.

    Winnie- I remember that! And then they just kept finding new places to put in the commercial. I never understood why places WOULDN'T take American Express. It's like the red-headed stepchild of credit cards...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.