Awards, recommendations and things you didn't know about me.

Three quick things...

1.  If you have written or are writing a novel, you need to go visit Alexandra Sokoloff at The Dark Salon.  She is a screenwriter-turned-novelist with some great insights on how to build a compelling story.

This was the post that hooked me.


2. This is my song for the week, in fact it might be my song for the last few months.  Sometimes we just need to slow down and say. "I'm alive, I've got shoes on my feet and and a roof over my head.  Life is okay."

I'm Alive: Kenny Chesney with Dave Matthews:  (The actual music video is okay, but I prefer this one by spadecaller.)


3.  I got a blog award!


I got this from Amy, over at The Invisible Sister, a wonderful fellow writer who is also waiting for her first book to come out. The directions to this award are as follows...

Recipients-You are charged with completing certain guidelines once receiving this award.

1) Copy the pretty picture and post it on your blog.
2) Thank the person that gave it to you and link to their blog. (Thank you Amy!!!)
3) Write 7 things about yourself we don't know.
4) Choose 7 other bloggers you would like to pass the award to.
5) Link to those 7 other bloggers.
6) Notify your 7 bloggers.


Now for the hard part.  Seven things you don't know about me...

1.  I like fried peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

2.  My nightmares are usually about very deep water and very big fish

3.  I have a secret love of old Tom Swift Jr. books by Victor Appleton II and wish I had MORE of them.

4.  I went through a potboiler romance period in middle school/junior high.

5.  The year before I got my driver's license, I ran my parent's van into the back of the garage.

6.  My first real job was as an light industrial temp, where I soldered circuit boards on the swing shift from 4pm to 2am.

7.  I like to imagine that I'm stronger, faster and more dangerous than I am.



The easy part is finding seven super-creative blogs.  And my 7 nominees are...  (in no particular order)

1.  Joanne at Whole Latte Life, for her wonderful pictures and insightful questions.

2. Renee, at Midnight Meditations for her awesome Photoshop Fridays.

3. Jodie, whose Madame Bluestocking blog is currently running a very funny series of ABC cartoons (which Jodie created) about a misfit Viking named Klaufi.

4. April at Cafe of Dreams, because she makes ME look like a slow reader and because she not only reviews books but also has author interviews.

5.  PJ Hoover at Roots in Myth who just launched her second book and shares her good news and fun generously with the rest of us.

6. Winnie at Opera Buffo, partly because she's funny and partly because she has a Jim Butcher quote on her blog.

7.Beth at Writing it Out, because I want to be her blog when I grow up. :


See you on Monday!

13 comments:

  1. Congrats on receiving the Award, much deserved, it's always fun stopping by here! And thanks for passing it along my way, it's nice to be recognized that way. Great 7 facts going on, but, wait a minute ... FRIED peanut & butter jelly sandwiches? Yikes, I like pb&j too, but have never had one fried!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew we shared a fear of deep, dark water!

    Also, I was sure your song was going to be Paulo Nutini's "Nothin's Gonna Get Me Down". He lists all the things he's got going for himself (somethin' to eat and shoes on my feet, food in my belly and a license for the tele). I love that song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw!! Thank you so much!!! :)

    And...how weird is it that deep water is your nightmare, but that's usually my happiest dreams?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Miriam’s favorite television event, Shark Week on Discovery.

    2. Before Miriam’s encounter with the back of the garage her sister had hit the side of the garage. So what was Dad’s reaction to Miriam’s driving skill, he said, “What is wrong with you people!!!!!” Oh and Miriam I wouldn’t tell them about the time you were driving home at 4 am in the fog, blew a stop sign, went through the cross street, over the curb and ended up on the lawn of the Verizon Service Center.

    3. 8th thing you don’t know about Miriam. She collects mice, the stuffed and porcelain kind not the real ones, at least I don’t think she collects real ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you're a Dark Salon reader, too! I love Alexandra Sokoloff *SO MUCH*. Her blog is inspirational.

    Squeee! I can't believe you passed the Kreativ Blogger award on to me! You are so kind and thoughtful! And one of the coolest bloggers I know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fried PBJ! Funny!
    Thank you, Miriam, for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joanne- You're welcome! Fried PB&J is actually really good. I used to microwave the sandwiches when I was little, I guess I just like warm peanut butter!

    Amy- I'll have to check that song out, it sounds awesome! Also, deep water does freak me out. I went to see Finding Nemo in the theater, and I was so tense, it was embarrassing...

    Beth- That's really interesting. I do love water in general, but something about all the things that could be under or around you is very scary to me. (You're welcome, btw.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marty- *sighs* Thanks Dad, I appreciate the add-ons... Although I do like Shark Week, oddly enough. Except for the shark attack parts.

    Winne- I think I actually found her through a tweet of yours. :) Also, you're welcome. I'm enjoying getting to know your blog.

    PJ- You're welcome! You should try it sometime, it's really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, thanks for the award!! I'm honored. :)

    Also, I am deeply intrigued with the idea of fried pbj. How do you make it? Like french toast? Or do you dip it in batter and full on deep fry it? I must know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Renee- French toast pb&j is actually really good, but usually it's more like a grilled cheese sandwich. (perhaps I should have said grilled pb&j?) I said fried 'cause you can make them in a frying pan, although I like using my Snackster sandwich maker.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for the link to Sokoloff's blog. Just from skimming it, I feel it will change my life in ways I never imagined. This is especially great because I'm thinking of trying a screenplay and this lady has been on both sides.

    I also enjoyed reading your seven things. And now I am hungry. Too bad it is almost 1AM... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're welcome. I had that same reaction, actually. The first post I read, I read twice, then went and checked it against my work-in-progress. It was such a "Whoa." moment, I had to share it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww! Thank you so much! You are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.