In honor of books...

 Some quotes:


"Let us read and let us dance - two amusements that will never do any harm to the world."
- Voltaire


A book is the only place in which you can examine a fragile thought without breaking it, or explore an explosive idea without fear it will go off in your face.  It is one of the few havens remaining where a man's mind can get both provocation and privacy. 
~Edward P. Morgan

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them." 
- Mark Twain
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read." 
- Groucho Marx 

Book reviews will commence Wednesday.  Until then, what are YOU reading?

3 comments:

  1. You forgot my favorite one:
    "When I get a little money, I buy books; and if anything is left, I buy food and clothes." Erasmus

    Right now, I'm reading A Great and Terrible Beauty. So far, very engrossing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them all. My favorite is a toss-up between Voltaire and Marx.

    Helen
    Straight From Hel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy- Ooo... that is a great quote. And I LOVED "A Great and Terrible Beauty". LOVED IT. If I ever meet Libba Bray I'll probably faint or something.

    Helen- The Voltaire quote is my favorite. I just found it and I want to write it in big, bold letters over my door or something. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.