My writing wish list.

This what I don't need.

~ I don't need to be a New York Times Bestseller. (although it would be nice)
~ I don't need to make tons of money. (not that I would turn it down)
~ I don't need to be hugely famous. (really, I don't.)

When I dream of being an established author, this is what I dream of.

Someday I want...

~ Kinuko Y. Craft to design one of my book covers. She is the cover artist for Wildwood Dancing and Cry of the Icemark
~ To attend a conference as a guest author
~ To catch a stranger reading my book
~ Enough of a money flow to pay off our debt.
~ A review in Publisher's Weekly
~ To get a letter from someone who was touched by my stories.
~ To have three books in print.
~ A year's salary in the bank.
~ To go to BEA as an author
~ A blurb from one of my favorite authors on the back of my book


That's my wish list. What's yours?

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE the idea of catching a stranger reading my book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't that be amazing! I sat next to a boy on the plane last year who was reading "Twilight". Someday maybe I'll sit next to a boy on a plane and he'll pull out one of my books. That would make my year.

    Here's a question though: Would you tell them that you wrote the book? Or would you just bask in the awesome?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd probably tell them. I don't think I'd be able to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I would tell them. I'd be too shy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd probably try to tell, but get nervous and end up sounding psycho.

    ME: "You like that book? You do? Yeah, I um.. I wrote that book. I uh, made it up myself."

    KID: "Whatever, crazy lady" *goes back to reading book*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot wait for the day I walk into Borders or some other chain book store and see someone pick up my book and read the back (hopefully this will lead to them purchasing it rather than setting it back on the shelf). I don't know if I'd be able to tell someone it was mine. But I think if I saw someone reading it...I might say something like "Oh, heard that book was really good...what do you think??"

    ReplyDelete
  7. That would be great, wouldn't it? To try to have a sneaky conversation with someone about YOUR book? I would be sad if they said they heard bad things about it though... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That would be cool! Kinda like that time my mother-in-law heard the carpenter who was doing her remodel singing one of my songs (he'd heard it on BSU radio). It's a strange (but nice) feeling. Seeing someone reading my book would be even better, because it's several hours' commitment rather than 4 minutes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.