Monday Snippits

Some of Miriam's Favorite Books

Since I can't really pick my favorite book, I'll give you a sampling with a book meme I plucked off Amy's blog


This can be a quick one. Don’t take too long to think about it. Fifteen books you’ve read that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes.Here are mine...


1. The Giver by Lois Lowry

2. The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis

3. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

4. Uhura's Song by Janet Kagan

5. The Wish Giver by Bill Brittain

6. The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinley

7. Walking on Water by Madeleine L'engle

8. The Pandora Principle by Caroline Clowes

9. Dark Rivers of the Heart by Dean Koontz

10. Exile's Honor by Mercedes Lackey

11. Sometimes the Magic Works by Terry Brooks

12. The House at Pooh Corner by A.A.Milne

13. Six Drinks that Changed the World by Tom Standage  (Edit:  This book is ACTUALLY called "The History of the World in Six Glasses"  *headdesk*)

14. The Devil's Brew by Stewart Lee Allen

15. The Guns of Navarone by Alistair MacLean


Miriam's Favorite Thing About Boise

The people.

I cannot list them all, for there are hundreds. But the people of Boise, especially Cole Community Church, have been my friends and family for over eight years. We have shared secrets and love and food and laughter and I will always remember them.

*waves and sniffles to herself*

GOODBYE BOISE. I LOVE YOU!!!!

2 comments:

  1. #12 is the only one I've read. Guess are tastes run a might different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to read the Pooh books to my daughters when they were little. I just asked my younger daughter if she remembered that, and she said yes, it was soooo comforting. So Pooh's a great choice!

    Are you moving now? I know you were packing, and this post sounds like a goodbye to your town! Does this mean you're losing your favorite Pizza joint??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.