How about some reviews?

So I wanted to do a clever and funny post today, but my brain went on vacation. (It should be back next week sometime.) So I thought I'd catch you up a bit on my new reads.

Well, my Donna Andrews phase has run its course. Not because I grew tired of her, but because I ran out of books. Since I've been running in efficient mode for the last two weeks, I'll just give you a quick breakdown.


Delete All Suspects (Turing Hopper, #4) by Donna Andrews Delete All Suspects (Turing Hopper, #4)


4 stars












Access Denied (Turing Hopper, #3) by Donna Andrews Access Denied (Turing Hopper, #3)



4 stars









No Nest for the Wicket (Meg Langslow Mysteries) by Donna Andrews No Nest for the Wicket


3 stars










Cockatiels at Seven (Meg Lanslow Mysteries, Book 9) by Donna Andrews Cockatiels at Seven (Meg Lanslow Mysteries, Book 9)

4 stars








Six Geese A-Slaying (Meg Langslow Mysteries, Book 10) by Donna Andrews Six Geese A-Slaying (Meg Langslow Mysteries, Book 10)


4 stars










The Penguin Who Knew Too Much: A Meg Langslow Mystery (Meg Langs... by Donna Andrews The Penguin Who Knew Too Much: A Meg Langslow Mystery 5 stars



After a strong start and a weaker second book, the Turing Hopper series is going well. I especially like the tensions created between the human team member's need for privacy and Turing's need for connection, a need most easily gratified by having video cameras up everywhere.

Because of these tensions, the books have a more serious tone than her first series, and are best savored one or two at a time. I will read more as they come out, but for the moment I'm content with moving on to other things.

I am not so content with having to give up the Meg Langslow mysteries. However, I suppose ten books is a fair amount, especially since the last one just came out. But they are still awesome. I especially liked The Penguin Who Knew Too Much.

A body is discovered in Meg's basement in the first sentence. Not only that, but Meg's farm is almost as immediately flooded with penguins, hyenas, llamas and wolves, all refugees from a nearby zoo. I'm a sucker for both funny animal stories and mysteries, and the combination here is amazing.

I'll give more detailed reviews on the other new books on Saturday. See you then!

6 comments:

  1. You have read a ton of books this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Do you know of an AA program for people like me? Bookaholics Anonymous?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you like the books--if it helps, Swan for the Money is coming out in about three months.

    Donna Andrews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thanks Donna! *does happy dance* That's great to know. I'll keep my eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mir--if Bookacholics Anonymous is anything like AA, they'll make you give up books completely. Probably not in the cards for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah. I'm not even gonna PRETEND that I can stop anytime I want to. If I don't get enough reading and writing time, I get veeery cranky...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.