No one ever told me about this little gadget....

I got an early Christmas present!

My husband knows how to make my heart beat faster, and it's not necessarily what you'd think...

New JC Penny ad.

Nope, I don't really do fancy jewelery. Instead, I got this, something to fill the cold, empty spot that my beloved lappy left behind...


The Dana by Alphasmart

I've been a serious writer since 2001, and no one ever told me about these things. But now I have one of my very own and it is AWESOME!!!

~I can put chapters I want to revise into it
~I can type directly into it, and then download it to my computer as a word file.
~It's super light and durable
~It was WAY cheaper than a laptop. (We bought it on ebay.)
~It runs on AA batteries.
~It also functions as a Palm Pilot, so I might actually get organized for once.

I think it's time for the happy dance of joy!

(Those aren't my hands, by the way. I stole this picture from a computer site. *hangs head in shame*)

7 comments:

  1. I'd never seen this before, but it makes a lot of sense. We don't really need the full laptop if we're just looking for a portable way to write, and I like the Palm Pilot too. Have these been around for awhile, or is this something new? What a great present!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many people rave about these, but I've never tried one! They do look tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never seen these before I went to Chautauqua. A lot of people there had them. I think they're super cool and I'm glad this new puppy has taken the place of your loyal old lap-dog...er...top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanne- Actually, the Alphasmart has been around for years, but the Dana is the "newest" version. It's much less distracting than a full laptop too. :-)

    PJ- I actually didn't see one until last month, one of my NaNo group had one. It was especially tempting for me because I'm addicted to writing in places-not-my-house.

    Amy- Thanks! It has turned into kind of a pet. I take it places even when I don't think I'll be able to write, just in case. Sad, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo! I should put Elvis on there so I can read it when I'm out and about. That might work...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love my Alphasmart!!

    I carry it around with me everywhere, waiting for kids, waiting at dentists, doctors, Jiffy Lube.

    I especially love it because I can just focus on the writing and not have internet distractions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pink- I know, the Internet is awful when you're trying to write! "Hmmm, I can't figure this scene out. Maybe I should check my Facebook/email/blog feed. I haven't check it for almost ten minutes!"

    Sadly, I'm not exaggerating...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.