An early holiday post

There's an old English rhyme about Christmas. It goes...

Christmas is coming, the geese are getting fat
Please to put a penny in the old man's hat.

So apparently you can tell the holidays are coming by weighing the local birds. But since I work in a coffee shop, let me tell you how I know that Christmas is coming.

1. I got called in early to work yesterday because they were so busy. First time this year, though that has less to do with the holiday then the election. Still, it's a sign of things to come.

2. I have eggnog in my hair

3. My store has put out their yearly Christmas album, prompting my yearly I-want-this-so-badly-but-I-have-no-money argument with myself.

4. The holiday drinks are out, peppermint, eggnog, gingerbread, and not a sugar-free holiday option in sight. Sigh.

5. Every other person who walks through the door of my store says the same thing. "Dang, it's cold outside!" (and they all bring in leaves on their shoes, too.)


But what, you say, does this have to do with National Novel Writing Month?

Nothing. Except that between yesterday's super-busy day and today's aftermath, I've had little time to write. So I'm not thinking about it, because if I do than I'll freak out and it will be harder for me to write tomorrow. I'll add some extra writing time this weekend and catch up.

It'll be a breeze.

Really.

1 comment:

  1. Deep breath. You'll get there. I'm curious, what type of Christmas album does the store put out? And the real question is, are they playing it yet in the store :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.