A new look for me!

So, I revamped the blog. I was hoping for a more professional feel, and I think I like it, despite it's conspicuous absence of red.

What do you, the viewers at home, think?

Today it snowed in Boise, and my husband and I indulged in a lovely rendition of "Have Yourself A Merry Little Halloween". As I stared out my window at the gray sky, swirling with huge feathery flakes, it struck me how very patient the snow was. It fell in absolute silence, slowly drifting down to stick to tree branches and melt on the sidewalk. There was no frantic lightning, no lash of rain and wind. It just... fell. Steady and calm and in no particular hurry at all.

But if that snow had lasted more than thirty minutes, all that patience would have paid off, and the world would have been covered in white. For some reason, I found these thoughts very encouraging, especially after all the soul searching about why I write.

So I decided to inflict them on you. (grin)

Also, the moment you've been waiting for is here. 1986 has been posted on my Life of Books blog, and I have high hopes that 1987 will follow close behind it. So check it out and find out what my favorite place on earth is.

1 comment:

  1. The snow sounds beautiful. I like the "patience" lesson you took from it, which is so universal. And like the blog, esp the color scheme. It does give it a serious spin. Switching on over to 1986 now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.