A random slice of me

So today I was at my bill-paying job, serving legally addictive substances to the general public. (I work in a coffee shop.) One of my regular customers comes in, whom I will call Fred, not because it is his name but because I'm so tired right now I can't even remember to blink, let alone who I had a conversation with 12 hours ago.

Anyway...

Fred came in and ordered a drink, and we chatted a bit while I went to write his name on his cup. This is a close approximation of our conversation.

Me: I'm going to call you 'Super Fred!' today. (writes it on cup)

Him: Why?

Me: (pausing) Um.. I don't know. Because things like that just come to me and I say them.

Him: Ah, I see.

Me: (awkward silence)


Yeah. Scaring people with randomness. That's how I roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Click on "Older Posts" for more random amusements!


Fabric art in the header by Carol Riggs.